How to make healthy Chicken Tostadas and Homemade Tostada Shells in 20 minutes. SO EASY and GOOD!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 tostadas 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 8 corn tortillas or tostada shells
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 4 medium avocados, diced
- 3 tbsp red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Lime, juice of
- 15 oz can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup feta or Cotija cheese
- Cooking spray
- To make tostada shells, line large baking sheet with silicone mat and arrange tortillas in a single layer. Spray with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt on both sides. Bake at 400 degrees for 6 minutes per each side.
- While tostadas are baking, make easy guacamole salsa by combining tomato, avocado, red onion, cilantro, cumin, chili powder, salt and lime juice. Get other ingredients ready.
- To assemble tostadas, top each shell with guacamole, beans, chicken and cheese.
Store-bought tostadas shells are full of artificial colours and preservatives. I prefer to make my own but you can use pre-made.
Healthy brand of refried beans instead of black beans is welcome
Adjust salt in guacamole to taste depending on whether you use store-bought tostada shells, salted canned beans and store-bought or homemade chicken.