COVID-19 Vaccination Booster Information
NOW OFFERING: Moderna Bivalent Booster Vaccine – BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
- CommWell Health McGee’s Crossroads – 70 Crepe Myrtle Drive Suite 104, Benson, NC 27504
- CommWell Health Newton Grove Medical – 1508 Maple Grove Church Road, Dunn 28334
- CommWell Health Salemburg – 500 S. Fayetteville Street, Salemburg, NC 28385
- CommWell Health Tar Heel – 16526 NC Hwy 87 West, Tar Heel, NC 28392
When: Every Friday from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
- CommWell Health Shallotte – 341 Whiteville Rd, NW, Shallotte, NC 28470
When: Every Wednesday from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
Who can receive the vaccine?
- Patients 18 and older
- Patients can receive this vaccine at least two months after:
- Completion of primary vaccination with any authorized or approved monovalent COVID-19 vaccine,
- or Receipt of the most recent booster dose with any authorized or approved monovalent COVID-19 vaccine.
What is a Bivalent Vaccine?
Bivalent vaccines are designed to protect against 2 strains of a virus providing greater protection against variants.
Why should patients get a Bivalent Vaccine?
A bivalent is recommended because it’s the only type of vaccine that can protect against the most dominant Omicron strains of COVID-19 in the US. With the rise of more contagious variants, people need greater protection, even with prior vaccination or immunity from COVID-19 infection.
Vaccines are life-saving tools that reduce the risk of serious illness or death due to infection from viruses or bacteria. Getting vaccinated is a personal health decision. Like all important decisions, you should get the best information you can to make an informed choice. Click here for more information about vaccinations.
COVID-19 Testing Information
COVID Testing Appointments
To receive a COVID test you must schedule an appointment with a CommWell Health provider. To schedule a COVID test appointment at a CommWell Health location nearest you, call CommWell Health at 1-877-WELL-ALL (935-5255).
COVID-19 Vaccination Schedule
COVID Vaccine Appointments
To schedule a COVID vaccine appointment at a CommWell Health location nearest you, call CommWell Health at 1-877-WELL-ALL (935-5255).